What you should know about keratin treatments
How do keratin treatments work?
- rejuvenates while smoothing and strengthening hair, leaving it healthier; even can repair damage, and protect your hair from breakage
- improves the texture, making it softer, shiny and smooth
- enhances manageability
- reduces frizz and allows hair to be more resistant to humidity
- cuts styling time in half
How do I know which keratin treatment is best for my hair type?
- Do you want maximum or minimal curl reduction?
- Is it a priority for you to have formaldehyde-free chemical services
- Do you have color-treated hair or use any other chemical treatments, or do you have virgin hair? (By the way, keratin treatments are great after professional coloring, as they seal in the color, making it last longer, keeping it from fading.)
- Can you manage post-treatment “down time”? Because with some formulas, you need to wait 48 hours to get your hair wet, bend or crimp it in any way. Or do you want to be able to resume your usual activities (get your hair wet, engage in sweat-inducing physical activity, put it up in a ponytail, etc.) right away?
- Are you blonde? (There is a keratin treatment available just for blondes. In addition to all the other keratin treatment benefits, it ALSO neutralizes unwanted brassy tones.)
How long does it take?
This in-salon process can take anywhere between 1.5 - 3 hours, depending on hair texture, length, and fullness, as well as the type of treatment chosen (some have additional processing steps). (Note also that there is almost always an extra charge above the initial one-ounce for hair longer than shoulder-length, above-average thickness, and/or dry, damaged hair, as it substantially requires more product and time from your stylist.)
How long do keratin treatments last?
- Get keratin treatments regularly
- Get keratin refresh treatments six weeks after the full-service treatment
- Regularly use authentic keratin shampoo and conditioner purchased from a hair salon (not purchased online!), which are free of sodium chloride and harsh sulfates which can strip the keratin from the hair
- Follow after-care instructions closely
If you have enjoyed reading this blog post and can benefit from it, please share it with others, and leave a comment, too!
Salon Lofts | Lofts #11 & $13
Roswell Marketplace | 10800 Alpharetta Hwy., Suite 240
Roswell, GA 30076 | 678-361-4247
email@example.com | www.patalessihair.com
Note: Uncredited photos were found on Pinterest or other web searches and not showing copyright credit. If an image is yours, please let us know so we may seek your permission and give proper photo attribution! Thanks!
Susan Leonard, Communications Marketing Specialist, Writer, and Graphic Designer